Most people find bed bugs (Cimexlectularius) the most horrible houseguest. These pests are usually 1/4 to 3/8 inch long in their adult state. Bed bugs can lay up to five eggs per day and over 100 eggs in their lifetime. Bed bugs like to hide in the cracks and crevices of baseboards, electrical outlets, behind wallpaper, between beds, around the seams and creases of mattresses, and in bedding materials. They have a very powerful odor that is caused by an oil-like liquid they release. Bed bugs are often carried into houses by clothes, luggage, furniture, and bedding.
At Big Valley Termite & Pest Control, our knowledgeable and friendly technicians put your mind at ease with a thorough inspection of any infected areas and a plan to help rid these parasites from your property. Our technicians are trained to inspect residential, commercial, and multi-unit structures. We are the leaders in traditional chemical techniques as well as modern heat and fumigation treatments. Call Big Valley today to schedule your inspection.
WHY CHOOSE HEAT TREATMENTS
- - No toxic chemicals
- - One day treatment options
- - No moving out
- - No odors or lingering smells
- - The heat is evenly distributed throughout the structure reaching all cracks and crevices
WHY CHOOSE FUMIGATION TREATMENTS
- - Chemicals rapidly penetrate structural materials
- - Disperses quickly during the venting process
- - Non-Flammable
- - Non-Corrosive
- - Leaves no odor or residue
- - Can be used on sensitive materials and electronics
CHARACTERISTICS OF BED BUGS
- - Reddish-brown in color.
- - Adult bed bugs are generally ¼inch in length.
- - Female Adult bed bugs can lay one to seven eggs a day for 10 days after a single feeding.
- - Eggs can be laid singly or in a group. A wondering female bed bug can lay an egg anywhere in a room.
- - A dormant bed bug can survive over a year w/out feeding.
- - Bed bugs like to hide in the cracks and crevices of baseboards, electrical outlets, the seams of mattresses, and in bedding material.
SOME SIGNS YOU MAY HAVE BED BUGS
- - Skin rashes are a common symptom of bed bugs, however, it can take up to two weeks to appear
- - Small reddish-brown spots on linens, these spots are bed bug droppings
- - Bed bug exoskeletons (hard shell of a bed bug) in bedding, mattress or any other area you suspect is infected
- - A heavy bed bug infestation can create an unusually sweet smell
Intergrated Pest Management
Green & Organic Options
Bird and Bat Abatement
Stinging Insect Control
Doors & Windows